Students Embrace New BFMS schedule
By staff writer Ethan Wasserman
The middle school schedule at Bay Farm School has had some changes over the last few months.
Here’s how the new schedule works:
- There are new Exploration classes in 6th and 7th grades.
- In 3rd period, there are two new homeroom class teachers, Mr. Scott Slez and Mr. Alain Valois, who have a mix of 7th and 8th graders as homeroom students, and who are also going to be the students in that homeroom’s first period.
- There is only one Algebra 1 class this year, which is one less than last year. Algebra 1 is for 7th and 8th graders.
- The 3/8 math course is now optional for 8th graders, and an additional math class for math course, 2/7, making it two classes.
- There are three separate PE classes for 7th and 8th graders in 1st, 2nd, and 6th period.
- There are now two classes for Science, English, and History in 8th grade due to a larger number of 8th graders this year.
- Spanish is now the language learned in 8th grade (French was last year and Mandarin was the year before).